A splashback made of easy-care and at the same time attractive Compact gives you the freedom to enjoy your kitchen to the full. Splashes of sauce and dirt of all kinds can be removed from the surface in just a few easy steps. And in addition to easy cleaning, your Compact splashback will also remain oblivious to the influence of moisture, light and accidental impacts.
By the way: a Velvet black splashback or a white splashback combines a matt finish with a velvety feel. This brings a particularly exclusive flair to your kitchen. The Velvet collection is more scratch resistant than comparable competing products, such as Fenix, but benefits from careful handling.
As far as the care and cleaning of your Compact laminate splashback is concerned, we have prepared the most important tips for you. Here, too, it quickly becomes clear that a clean, stylish and classy kitchen does not need to be an exhausting proposition!
Cleaning a Compact matt splashback
Cleanliness is not a complicated matter with this material. All you need for daily cleaning is a soft sponge and some lukewarm water. Simple soiling then disappears with a "wipe".
For more stubborn dirt, use
- glass cleaner,
- mild vinegar-based or citrus cleaner,
- special kitchen cleaner
- or soapy water.
To prevent streaks from affecting the result after cleaning, dry your splashback with a microfibre cloth. In this way, you will also prevent limescale stains.
You can remove particularly stubborn stains with
- a mix of detergent and water
- or liquid cleaner and ultra-fine polishing chalk.
You can also leave these products on the surface overnight to remove coffee or tea stains. White spirit can be used to remove grease stains.
This will provide additional protection for your laminate splashback.
In addition to the proper cleaning, below you will find some extra tips to help keep the surface looking its best:
- If there is water lying directly on the butt joints, absorb it immediately with a cloth.
- When cleaning, avoid aggressive cleaners containing chlorine, salts and acids.
- We do not recommend using wax or grease-based products, as these can leave a dirt-binding layer on the surface and thus cause unsightly stains.
- Treat stubborn stains gently with the above-mentioned agents and a soft nylon brush. Pointed or sharp objects, abrasive agents and pot cleaners are unsuitable.
If you follow these tips you will protect your matt splashback in the best possible way. In return, this robust and low-maintenance material will reward you with additional longevity.