A stone effect worktop enhances your kitchen in exactly the way you have always imagined. The advantage of quartz stone is that you already know exactly what to expect before your project is completed – whether you opt for a granite effect kitchen worktop or an elegant glossy finish in radiant white.
Regardless of whether you prefer an anthracite worktop or a completely different colour – you will put your heart and soul into planning your new kitchen. It is therefore all the more important that your chosen material remains permanently beautiful and attractive. With a quartz stone worktop, this is simply not a problem, even with heavy use.
Daily care tips for quartz stone
- It is best to remove grains of sand and other fine-grained dirt immediately. This helps to prevent scratches.
- Use a suitable base when cutting to protect your knives and avoid metal abrasion on the worktop.
- Remove aggressive agents such as limescale removers and acids directly from the work surface with plenty of water.
- Always place hot pots and pans on a suitable mat. This prevents the damage due to thermal shock.
- Sauce residues and other dirt should not be allowed to dry. This makes it a lot easier to remove them.
Cleaning your quartz countertop
As much pleasure as your kitchen gives you in terms of creative cooking and culinary enjoyment – at the end of the day it's always clean-up time. A quartz stone effect worktop (or another design) will help you to master this task in no time.
Thanks to the use of high-quality polymer resins, light soiling can often be removed by simply wiping the worktop down with warm water and a lint-free cotton cloth.
For more stubborn dirt, a wooden or plastic scraper and a cleaning knife are suitable, as are
- commercially available kitchen cleaners
- vinegar-based cleaners
- mild soapy water
- and glass cleaners
when cleaning your quartz worktop.
The non-porous surface prevents the penetration of liquids into the material and thus the formation of persistent stains. Please note, however, that dirt and impurities adhere more easily to the recesses, especially on textured and matt surfaces, and can lead to increased cleaning effort compared to polished surfaces.
Even though quartz stone is extremely durable, you should refrain from using scouring pads or scouring agents to avoid changes to the surface gloss.
Maintaining your quartz kitchen worktops
If you have chosen a polished quartz worktop, you do not need to worry about maintenance. If you have chosen a textured surface, we recommend refreshing the waterproof coating once or twice per year using "Lithofin Fleckstop W".
* Exception: Nero Occassione