With a modern acrylic stone worktop, you simply cannot go wrong. This elegant and easy-care material will give you pleasure for many years. Even though scratches or superficial changes to your mineral material worktop can be easily sanded down and repaired, you should follow the tips below to keep this high-quality material looking its best for many years to come:
- Even though a slab of acrylic stone offers some heat resistance, you should always place hot pots and pans on a suitable mat.
- Also, use a suitable base when cutting, as knives and other sharp-edged objects could damage the surface.
- In daily use, take care to avoid knocks against the corners and edges of your worktop.
- We recommend removing cooking oil, grease, coffee or red wine from the worktop immediately to prevent discolouration.
Daily cleaning of acrylic worktops
This material consists of at least two thirds natural minerals and one third acrylic resins. It is a non-porous material that does not absorb liquids. Therefore, acrylic kitchen panels do not require sealing.
Nevertheless, it is advisable to wipe up dirt, liquids and food residues quickly with a damp cloth to avoid greasy residues or discolouration. Mild household cleaners such as washing-up liquid or scouring agents can be used for this purpose without any problems.
Important: however, strongly acidic cleaning agents should not be used!
Remove dirt with clean + polish by Lechner
Our recommendation: sinks and worktops made of acrylic stone can be cleaned quickly and easily with the specially developed cleaning agent clean + polish by Lechner. A care kit is available from kitchen retailers and includes:
- 1 tin of clean + polish by Lechner
- 1 sponge
- 2 sheets of 600-grit sandpaper
With the cleaning agent and the enclosed special sponge, the worktop surface can be freed from dirt, oils and grease without excessive pressure and effort. This will prevent stubborn stains from accumulating on the worktop and allow you to remove small scratches quickly and easily.
What to do in case of damage?
A Lechner acrylic stone worktop is a high-quality and durable product. If you follow the above-mentioned instructions, you will enjoy your worktop for many years. However, should damage occur in the course of time, you can have the worktop professionally repaired. This material can be easily refilled, reprocessed and reground, allowing you to preserve the beauty of your solid acrylic worktop for the long term.