Adding one of our solid laminate worktops to your kitchen means choosing a solid material that can easily withstand both moisture and temperature fluctuations. It is no coincidence that similar panels have proven themselves in bathrooms with high humidity levels. Thanks to the waterproof worktop core and the coated surface, your Compact worktop remains protected even in the event of a major mishap.
If you prefer a matt worktop, we offer smooth Velvet designs. Compared to alternatives on the market, these offer greater scratch resistance with a more premium design. Fingerprints do not linger on our matt worktops with a soft-touch surface. We recommend special care when handling these models despite their robustness.
To ensure that your Compact worktop will remain attractive and beautiful for years to come, it is worth considering a few important details. Nevertheless, these products ensure easy handling – even in kitchens that are used daily.
Your laminate worktop in everyday use: Important tips
- Always use a base when cutting.
- Hot pots and pans should be placed on a mat – do not place them directly on the worktop.
- Do not use cleaners with aggressive ingredients such as chlorine, strong salts or acids.
- Waxes and greases in care products are not suitable for your Compact worktop, as they could bind dirt.
- Do not remove stubborn dirt with pointed or sharp objects and do not use scouring pads.
Cleaning Compact laminate worktops
Dirt accumulates in even the tidiest kitchen. With laminate, however, your workload is greatly reduced thanks to its low cleaning and maintenance requirements.
For daily cleaning, it is sufficient to wipe the surface with a soft sponge cloth and some lukewarm water. The worktop will shine even brighter if you combine the water with a suitable cleaning agent. For example, the following products are suitable:
- commercially available glass cleaners
- vinegar-based or citrus cleaners diluted with water
- non-fat soap
- mild kitchen cleaners
- Dirt eraser especially for matt surfaces
Carefully rub your worktop dry after cleaning to prevent limescale stains and unsightly streaks. Remove streaks left over from daily cleaning with warm water and a microfibre cloth.
If the dirt just won't budge, there is no need to worry. Remove stubborn stains and residues with proven household remedies.
- Soak the dirt overnight in a mixture of water and a little detergent. The next morning, rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, treat stains with a mix of ultra-fine polishing chalk and liquid cleaner.
- White spirit helps to remove grease stains and oil residues. After removal, wipe any residue from the surface with a soft sponge.
These tips are also effective against stains left by tea, coffee and red wine. A soft nylon brush is also suitable for cleaning and helps to loosen the dirt.
Scratches on the FENIX® worktop
The Velvet decors are equipped with the intelligent FENIX® surface. Micro-scratches can be easily removed with a wet cloth and an iron. Take special care and follow the instructions of the manufacturer ARPA FENIX®. The video shows how to do it.
Cleaning instructions for surfaces in solid colours
Solid-colour surfaces tend to be more prone to streaking and contamination. Regardless of the material of your worktop, we therefore recommend being particularly attentive when cleaning and caring for your plain surface and removing any contamination immediately.